"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crazy is as crazy does

So, last weekend Mr. SingLikeSassy said something to me that hurt my feelings. We have a no holds barred rule in that you say it as nicely as you can, but you say it as things need to be talked about so they don't fester.

Normally I would have dealt with it and we would have resolved it and moved on. Unfortunately, I'm on infertility drugs. Hormone-related infertility drugs. Yep, you guessed it, I went on a crying jag -- you know the kind where you can barely catch your breath -- and screamed something about wanting a divorce that caused a stricken look on his face that I, even in my drug-induced craze, recognized as fear.

For the rest of the evening and next day he set about trying to fix it. Boy you should have seen him. That man was apologizing and kissing and hugging and running around this house like a madman. And, I have to admit, I was over it once the drugs eased off and knew I had overreacted but...I kinda liked that he would try so hard to make things right with us so I didn't immediately call the all clear.

But I didn't carry it too far 'cause I figured it wouldn't be long before he remembered that even sans drugs I'm fairly pollo loco and that he is in the catbird seat because, being sane, he could get another wife. I, being crazy, better hang on to him for dear life.

1 comment:

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy