"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goodbye Paul Newman

One of my favorite movies of all time is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, so I was saddened to hear today that Paul Newman passed away.

I hate westerns, but I credit my love of the movie partly to Newman, who also stars in many of my other favorite movies, including Cool Hand Luke, Road to Perdition, The Hudsucker Proxy, Blaze, The Sting (sorry no video), What a Way to Go!, A New Kind of Love, From the Terrace, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and The Long, Hot Summer (again, no video).

Newman was a great actor, who used his fame in an altruistic manner, while also staying married to the same woman for 50 years. He will be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy