"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hope, faith and family

My little cousin has enough hope and faith to save the whole world and then some.

Years ago her mom gave her this tiny little wishbox charm. She writes down wishes and prayers and puts them in this box. They come true. Normally, I'm skeptical about stuff like this, but I have seen its power personally.

In 2005 my cousin came to visit me for two weeks and decided she wanted me to have a husband. She put a wish in the box and prayed on it. She wasn't specific enough, however (she didn't actually use the word HUSBAND), so the guy who materialized was all she had asked for except he never wanted to be a husband. She tweaked the wish and put it back in the box. Cue Mr. SingLikeSassy. Made a believer out of me.

Now she's decided she wants me to have a baby. You know what she did, right? Wish in the box. Prayer. She believes, so I'm going to believe, too.

My frozen embryo transfer is scheduled for tomorrow at 12:15 p.m. I have one embryo. One. It has to survive the thaw. It was frozen at blastocyst stage and they will have to help it hatch. My mind is ready, my body is ready, my heart is ready, my husband is ready. And we have the wishbox, prayer and the strength of my cousin's faith.

6 comments:

  1. I've added you to the prayer list right along with Monnie. I hope 9 months from now we have at least 2 new babies in the tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a little miss Sing Like Sassy or a little mister Sing Like Sassy Jr. in the works soon! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers up for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's power Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've added you to the prayer list right along with Monnie. I hope 9 months from now we have at least 2 new babies in the tribe.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy