"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm nosey...

Which has served me well in my career, thankfully.

I have always been nosey, according to my Grandma. She says send me to get something from another room and then 10 minutes later when I haven't returned, go see what I'm doing: I'm likely elbow deep in some dresser drawer that has nothing to do with what I went in there to get.

I try not to be that way -- I DO! But what happens is I'll go in the room to get the thing and then I'll see a corner of something else and say, hmmm, what's that? And then, I start pursuing that forgetting why I'm there and then it's 10 minutes later. Oops.

The worst case of this is when I went to get a towel out of a boyfriend's drawer one time and then for some reason opened another drawer and then I was in all the drawers and he came in the room (scaring the beejeebus out of me) with an odd look on his face and I was like, umm, I was getting a towel? I couldn't even EXPLAIN why I was in that man's underwear drawer. I just was. LOL!

I'm the same way on the Internet. I will google folks to see what else I can learn about them, not because I particularly care, but just because I am nosey. So I apologize in advance for googling you. runs to the google to start entering names and search strings

3 comments:

  1. That was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO because this reminds me of our G'boro days when you would look up the cost of people's houses and I wonder what the hell you needed to know all that for!!! LOL!!! Now that I've had my laugh for the night, I'm going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Google is my friend. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy