"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Oprah/Palin imbroglio


Posted on Sep 5, 2008 10:46 AM
“The item in today’s Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.”Oprah Winfrey, September 5, 2008

I don't understand why people are worked up about this issue. It's Oprah's show. She said she's not having candidates on, it's her decision to make and frankly, she's made $1 billion based on her decisions. And be real ladies, Oprah is a television personality not a journalist, so she's not asking Palin any hard questions. What would an appearance on her show mean anyways, another chance to see her husband and family? What does that have to do with being vice president?

I also did not understand the people who felt Oprah should support Hillary Clinton because she was a woman. Last time I checked, Oprah could support whomever she liked for the presidency. Since when did she owe her support and one vote to women?

It's LOLtastic to me the people who call Oprah racist over her support of Obama given that many in the black community think Oprah is a sellout who panders to white women.

And as long as I'm grousing, when did being a mother make you qualified to run these United States of America? (This is not a knock on Palin, but rather a knock on these stupid chicks on The View. Watch the whole clip). I can see people agreeing with her politics and pointing to her political background as a reason to vote for her and McCain, but any chick with working parts and no birth control can make 5 babies. If that is the basis people are using to make their decisions, then why not just go down to the 'hood and snatch up somebody with 5 kids and let them be veep?

Have I left this world and entered another where reason and logic don't exist?

1 comment:

  1. You have not left this world. This is the world where reason and logic exist and don't exist all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy