"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, October 3, 2008

Being an auntie

Mr. SingLikeSassy's brother has three daughters (a grown woman, a 17-year-old, a 2-year-old) and a son (he's 7). I have taken a shine to the baby. And she has taken a liking to me.

Last weekend we went to visit them (I had asked sis-in-law -- who is Israeli -- to make her lamb which is OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious) and that baby worked everybody's nerves but mine. I also got more hugs and kisses than everyone else.

But this made me think about being a mom. I haven't spent much time around babies in the last 20 years. My friends with kids don't live here and I haven't befriended anyone here in D.C. that's a parent. I was surprised that her antics didn't work my nerves as I undoubtably have a lower threshold than someone who is around kids all the time.

Interesting. Verrrry interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy