"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My need for speed

I woke up yesterday in a foul mood. Foul. I was salty and rude and grumpy. Then I got teary. I wanted pancakes the way Granny made them and I'll never have those again because my Granny is blind now and can't cook anymore. When I was growing up she would make me her fluffy pancakes every Saturday morning when I spent the weekend at her house. On Saturday nights we would bake a devil's food cake for Sunday dinner dessert because that's the only cake I liked other than her pigpickin' cake (I still am not a big cake fan).

I decided I wanted to make some cupcakes in memory of those years spent in the kitchen with Granny. We went out for breakfast with an intention to go to the store afterward and get what we needed to make the cupcakes.

But then after we ate I was foul again (my body is still trying to realign itself from the hormones I've been taking) and decided I wanted a new car. So we went car shopping. We went to three different dealerships (there were like two people in them besides us. The economy is shot to hell) -- BMW (I like the new X6), Volvo (Mr. SingLikeSassy likes these cars because of their safety record) and then Nissan cause I wanted to see what the latest upgrades were to the 350Zs.

They have a little more horsepower now, but for the most part their bells and whistles are the same. But there was a Nismo on the lot and I decided I wanted to drive that cause it looked so hot. Like this one, actually:



Well, dude let me drive and I got my Danica Patrick on.

As I said earlier, I love cars. Love them. When I turned the ignition the engine rumbled to life telling me we were about to do some business!! Then I pressed the clutch and we rolled off.

I.
Want.
That.
Car.

The ride is SO DIFFERENT from my baby. More horsepower. Tighter suspension. It drives like a race car. I could barely contain it at red lights there was so much under the hood.

I like the limited edition cache of this car. There are only 2,500 of these and I was driving #714.

But what's most interesting is after driving at darn near 100 mph in this car, I felt better. The adrenaline rush helped push all that saltiness away.

I.
Want.
That.
Car.

plotting how to convince Mr. SingLikeSassy that we should buy the race car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy