"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, November 10, 2008

"Yes, I Can" Be Healthier Campaign: Week 1

The first leg of my "get healthier" campaign kicked off today. I have decided to do a sugar break for the next two weeks. I'm limiting the things I eat and drink to items that have less than 10g of sugar per serving.

Just to clarify -- I do not believe sugar is bad or evil. I do, however, eat much more than is recommended and with a family full of Type II diabetes sufferers, I can stand to reduce my consumption. I'm betting you can, too.

Remember, this is about moderation not deprivation.

Finally, I invite you all to join me in this first step. I've limited it to two weeks, after which we can review and assess where we are and make needed adjustments. But I think this is a good place to start in our quest to adopt and maintain healthier lifestyles.
Disclaimer: I'm SingLikeSassy and I approved this message.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for setting a reasonable goal! Something you also might consider: reading magazines that support your goals. Weight Watchers Magazine, Fitness, and Shape all have inspirational stories of weight loss and healthy habits. When I'm feeling weak, I like to read about people who've lost a lot of weight by changing their daily habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cutting out alcohol for a while and that has sugar in it right? Expect my blog output to greatly decline once I sober up and realize how lame my blog is.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy