"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Creativity abounds and other things...

It never fails. As soon as you turn the kaleidoscope a smidge, suddenly opportunities abound. My two fun writing assignments have led to two other opportunities, neither of which I sought out. I also have been asked by a friend to design a Web site for her (she knows my skills in this area are rudimentary right now, but I'm trying to get better and she needs it done for free, so this is a good exchange for both of us). 

***

We have infertility insurance coverage again! Or, we will as of Jan. 1, 2009. Mr. SingLikeSassy's employer offered some coverage so we moved over to his plan. This is better than great news because we are planning to do another full IVF cycle in a couple of months, and our savings got hit with the market drop. 

We were on my insurance because when we got married Mr. SLS was part-time with the school district and my employer had cheap rates and some excellent infertility coverage so it made sense. When I changed jobs earlier this year, Mr. SLS had just returned to full-time status so it made sense to just let me continue to cover us, even though my current employer offers no infertility coverage AND the premiums are high, though I am grateful in this economic downturn to have health insurance. I also am grateful we had sufficient savings that we could pay out of pocket for our last procedure. 

But I am especially grateful that we explored all of our options during this open season as shifting to his insurance saves us some money on the premiums as it costs him less than half of what it cost me to insure us (I pay more than $500/mth for both of us) and we get the added benefit of infertility coverage.

***

My friend is adopting her foster son!! He's such a sweet kid, she's had him since he was 4 (he's 6 now), his mom can't get it together and wants my friend to adopt him because she sees how well he is taken care of and how much he is loved. 


2 comments:

  1. That is a lot to be grateful for and also a lot to look forward to. Your optimism has brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot to be grateful for and also a lot to look forward to. Your optimism has brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy