"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, December 14, 2008

My mama the cougar?

My mother has been dating the same man for most of my adult life. She says she doesn't want to be a wife again ever. Recently I asked her why she is always going on dates with other men when she has a boyfriend, to which she responded, she is not married and therefore is free to do what she pleases, with whom she pleases. And I guess at 59, with two grown kids and an ex-husband, she is.

So last week my mom tells me about this man she had met who told her she was the "sexiest woman he had seen in a long time." That's some serious playa game right there ain't it?!!! They exchanged numbers and had been chatting it up on the phone, getting to know each other.

But then she tells me she is hesitant to date him because he is younger than she is. So I ask, how young is he, because I'm thinking of "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" and she says he's 49. Which sends me into WTH mode cause 49 is the same as 59 to me. LOL!

Anyway, after our conversation, she goes out on the date and has a great time. He's asked her out again. She's going. I'll let you know how it all works out. And yeah, the foxy chick on the left is my mom. The one on the right is my grandma (she's 87 and has a suitor courting her, too).

4 comments:

  1. professorb12/15/2008

    I am NOT mad at mama cougar!!! Tell her I said to keep working her mojo for as long as she can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, something told me to click on your URL. I'm so glad I did. I just want to say your Mama and her Mama are my sheroes!

    (I usually post as Keri on Monica's site)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany In Houston12/16/2008

    Man, they are FLYYYYYY!!!! Go head mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. professorb8/20/2011

    I am NOT mad at mama cougar!!! Tell her I said to keep working her mojo for as long as she can! :)

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy