"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, December 19, 2008

Who's That Lady Shaggin'?

I heard this song on the way home yesterday and was jammin' cause this is a Daddy SingLikeSassy fave and I could just see hs younger self hustlin' and bumpin' to this with my mama in our basement.


My daddy introduced me to funk, but my mama schooled me in Motown. She also taught me how to shag (it looks like what they call hand dancin' here in D.C.) cause she said every Southern woman should know how to shag. I stumbled on this video of some hand dancers and laughed cause this is my mama all day long. I can't wait until she gets here next week. And yes, I can do this, though not as well as these foxy ladies.

3 comments:

  1. I was in South Carolina for a couple of years a long time ago. It seemed like the shag was the official state dance of South Carolina. I never learned how to do it though because I'm too much of a Yankee. Or so I was told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could dance like that. That man never sat down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in South Carolina for a couple of years a long time ago. It seemed like the shag was the official state dance of South Carolina. I never learned how to do it though because I'm too much of a Yankee. Or so I was told.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy