"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, January 5, 2009

Cupcakes! Cupcakes!

Now that I have my new mixer I'm taking orders for things to mix up. Mr. SingLikeSassy asked me to make something for him to take to work so I whipped up some pumpkin and red velvet cupcakes right quick. 
When I bake, I channel my Granny, who used to bake almost everyday and never served a Sunday dinner without some baked-from-scratch good on her table. I never mastered the art of baking bread -- it takes more patience than I seem to have -- but I can make a decent cake and pie, and can serve up a good meal if I know some folks are on the way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the bread/patience thing.

    Those cupcakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. baking has waaay too many rules. This is why they make "Bakeries"

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy