"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dear SingLikeSassy...

I've been giving what I pray is some good advice to two sisters that I think are great women who want to be in committed relationships and just haven't been able to make it happen.

I'm only speaking from my experience and hope that all of what I've shared is in some way helpful. What advice would you give a young attractive professional lady who has a few isshas but nothing insurmountable, who is in her mid-30s, wants to be married and it hasn't happened yet?

I'll sign off here with a scene from one of my favorite all-time movies, "Lady Sings The Blues" because the lyrics to the first Lady Day song in the clip seem to apply here (and I sing the second one to Mr. SLS all of the time):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy