"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, January 9, 2009

Moving along...

MonicaMingo (aka Rantings of a Creole Princess) just posted this video over on Twitter and took me back to my first real date in a car with a boy:



We stopped for gas and he had a sunroof and this came on the radio while he was pumping the gas. I remember leaning back and looking up through the sunroof at the stars and feeling so excited. Let's forget for a minute that the lyrics are about a woman talking about cheating with someone's husband. It was a beautiful summer night and my mama had let me go out on a date! With a boy! In a car! I will always remember that when I hear this song.

2 comments:

  1. I'm telling your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he better just leave me alone right now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy