"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Something new

I was reading a blog post about the lady who is on YouTube searching for a husband. I wouldn't do that but hey, if it works for her, then good luck.

Anyway, the poster was saying how she wanted to be married too, and while she wouldn't do what the lady did, she needed to kickstart her situ in the 2009. Someone commented about God's will and to let go and let God and a husband finds a wife and all that. Which just made my ass itch.

There are churches across the country filled to the brim with single wanna be married black women who are "waiting on Jesus" to bring them a man. However, as Ben Franklin said, "God helps those who helps themselves."

Now, I'm not encouraging anyone to do what the 52weeks lady is doing by any means, but, I cannot co-sign on doing nothing and just hoping and wishing the good Lord will see fit to send a husband your way.

So I'll tell you what I told someone else: Try some new things. Be uncomfortable (not dysfunctional, there is a difference!) for a little bit and see if that new experience might be a good fit for you. As you broaden your horizons, you open yourself to encountering new people and you might just meet your man. Or maybe you won't. But what you've been doing isn't working, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Facebook: SingLikeSassy

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SingLikeSassy

4 comments:

  1. Good advice. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany In Houston1/09/2009

    You know you and I are rightHERE. I think that because you have been blessed you can be a blessing to others. And then they can be a blessing to someone else.

    And no, God is not going to FedEx Mr. Right to your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lacochran: Right. One of the more memorable sermons I ever heard was one where a pastor said something along the lines of, Jesus can't warm them sheets late at night, so praise the Lord and all that, but get out there and live so you can meet your faith partner.

    @TIH: Yeah, the whole comment gave me a stank attitude when I read it. Now, admittedly, I don't go to church much and have never been particularly religious though I am spiritual, but I can't see how exploring all your options is not "godly" or whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy