"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Calling in the cavalry

All these months later and all that junk I talked I haven't moved completely out of my house yet. Well, I have done some things. I sold a few pieces of furniture on Craigslist, but the heavy lifting has not begun.

Last night I remembered how hard it was for Mr. SLS to figure out where to start in clearing his junk out to make room for me which meant I had to do it for him. I think I'm going to need that same kind of help to tackle getting the stuff out of my house.

That's where Mama SLS and Auntie SLS come in. I'm going to fly them up here for a weekend and we're going to go at it. They moved me in there and now I need them to help me move out. Between them and me and Mr. SLS we should be able to work it out.

But I so wish my brother would have taken me up on my offer to take my things (I told him he could have anything he wanted in the house, but he had to come get them), as there was enough there to furnish an apartment and he needs the help. However, he is who he is and his situation is what it is, so there ya go.

In any case, I have taken the first major step to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy