"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine's day confession

I hope everyone who cares is having a wonderful Valentine's Day. I'm sitting here tripping about how little it means to me now. I used to be one of those people who on Valentine's Day felt like everyone around them had someone to love them but me because I didn't have flowers, candy and some grand surprise date with a beau. (My daddy would always send me flowers when I was single, which was nice, but not the same as getting them from say, Idris Elba. teehee).

I dreamed that one day I would have the love of my life and I would get wonderful romantic Valentine's day gifts and celebrations and all the women who knew me would be pea green with envy!

Then I met Mr. SingLikeSassy and started getting "I love you" flowers because it was Tuesday. Or an "I love you" gift because you looked so hawt last night in those jeans. Or an "I love you" trip because you mentioned you had never been before.

Best gift of all is an "I love you" with a hug and a kiss.

That's when I realized that I liked being loved everyday so much more than being loved just on Valentine's Day.

In any case, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. 100%, lady. You nailed it. Happy Vday! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy