"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, February 16, 2009

What do we teach the children?

This post from THE INTERSECTION OF MADNESS AND REALITY about the Chris Brown/Rihanna imbroglio was one I thought I should pass along.
I didn't really wanna write or speak upon the Chris Brown "alleged" beatdown on Rhianna. But I have two teenage daughters so I can't help it; its all they've been talking about. As a matter of fact, the 14yr old who is often quite distant and in her own teenage world, came to me last night after I picked her up from the beauty shop, and it was the first topic out of her mouth for discussion.
When I was 21 I went to my (cheatin' azz all the time) boyfriend's house to get something and he left for a few minutes to go to the store. This girl I suspected he had been stepping out on me with called and I answered the phone and hung up on her and then sat there steaming and talking myself up to craziness until he came back.

When he came in the door it was ON. I was screaming and hollerin' and fighting and he was trying to stop me and was pushing me away and we somehow ended up in the kitchen near the stove so I grabbed the teapot off the stove and started beating him in the head with it water splashing everywhere then I bit him in the arm and held on for dear life. WHAT IF HE HAD HIT ME BACK?

We were so loud the neighbor came over to see if I was OK, did I need the police or other assistance. I knocked some more stuff down and left. He still has my teeth marks in his arm. WHAT IF HE HAD HIT ME BACK?

Later we laughed about this, but what if he had hit me back? He was more than a foot taller and weighed at least 100 pounds more than me. WHAT IF HE HAD HIT ME BACK?

I was wrong -- I knew he was cheating all along, I should have just broken up with him -- but I let emotions and young dumbness get the best of me. WHAT IF HE HAD HIT ME BACK?

But I like what RIPPA's post says and what he plans to teach his daughters. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy