"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Accidentally deleted a post with a comment on it!

Sorry FreeMan! I'm too quick on the trigger.

Moving along, I've been away from the blog for a minute because frankly, I created this as something fun to do, but lately it's started feeling like a job. MY job in fact, the one I get paid to do during my 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. day.

But truthfully, I'm feeling restless in general. I may have pre-spring fever. I'm so happy about daylight savings time I don't know what to do. I hate it when it's dark at 6 p.m.

To that end, Mr. SLS and I have decided where we want to move in a few years. I don't hate D.C. but I want to go somewhere with a lower cost of living where we might be able to afford that renovated 19th century house we want. OK, we may never get that house, but just somewhere where everything isn't so crowded and loud and dirty and busy and that isn't HERE. Somewhere else. Plus, I'm tired of being cold.

Problem is it still needs to be a vibrant enough city that there is a sufficient music community for Mr. SLS to connect with, as we would be moving away from musical connections he has developed over the past 30 years.

We've identified a city and state, and have decided we will visit it over the next few years, explore the city, try to make friends there and essentially become natives as much as we can from afar so if/when we move there it won't be such a transition.

What's happening with you guys?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an excellent plan! I think it's really cool to live in a few different places. Even though I'm perfectly happy here and have lived in this area my entire life, I really like the idea of living someplace else. I hope you'll write about it after you move so that I can vicariously enjoy your experience, especially since I'll probably only ever get to live somewhere else temporarily.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy