"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Randomness as I wind down (up?) for vacay

We leave for vacation on Saturday and I can barely focus on work I'm so ready to get out of there.

It's not that I don't like work, it's become quite interesting and challenging over this past year, but I have an editor who is a kvetcher, which works my last good nerve sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After I received the note (and cutie pie photo) that my friend's baby had arrived, I thought a long time about labor. Hers started at midnight and the baby got here after 6 p.m. That's a lot o' time pushing and having pains and whatnot.

I still want to do it though.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I realized last night that I am the holdup for all the things we want to do. OK, for two of the things we want to do. Sigh.

I'm making progress though.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ed Liddy gets paid $1 to go to the Hill and get ripped a new asshole. Interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~

AIG is gangsta. I thought about if I would have taken the money...and admittedly, I prolly would have cause I like loot.

Was it right to give the bonuses in the first place? I think someone should have seen it was going to be a clusterfuck and put the kibosh on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The future feels very shaky to me and that stresses me out. I'm generally very optimistic so this surprises me. Mr. SLS is not stressed at all, and he's generally very fatalistic. Hm.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish tomatoes didn't hate me. I love them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate dollar stores. It stinks in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My cats need a new home, one with an old lady who will stay home all day and stroke them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My husband is still feeling the glow from the party last weekend. Friends he's bumped into this week have raved about the good time they had. I'm so glad. I always stress out in the lead up to hosting something, even though it usually turns out well. I'm really just glad I could do that for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The elephants look so sad all chained up at the ankle.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't give a shit about March Madness. I so love that sports are mostly ignored in our household, though Mr. SLS says he feels awkward sometimes when he's with other dudes and they make comments about "the game," which he aint watched and cares nothing about....

~~~~~~~~~~~

....Music, that's what's playing in our house all of the time, that's what he's doing all of the time, that's what he's thinking about all of the time: music. Talk to my husband about music.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My birthday is 31 days away. We're gonna race go-karts and go to the circus.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost all of my first cousins have April birthdays along with me and my brother: April 3, 11, 12, 13, 18, 20, 27.

2 comments:

  1. Three things: 1) I can't stand you OR your vacation right about now... lol! 2) I enjoyed reading this. 3) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun post!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy