"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, March 9, 2009

Whenever I'm at home on a work day...

...I always wish I could work part-time or be a SAHW/M. I get more done when I'm at home part of the day and am generally in a better mood because the house is clean, clothes are washed and folded, dinner is cooked, bills are paid, errands are run, shopping is done etc.

Last year I had a break after I left my other job and before I started this one, and I thought I would be bored, but it was really interesting to find out how much I liked taking care of our household. I was busy everyday with appointments and other stuff.

But, I like having my own money and not being dependent on someone, too.

If/when we sell my house, we could easily survive off Mr. SLS's income and part of why I have been pursuing freelance opportunities is so that I will have a network in place already if we ever have this kid we're working on. I can take a six month maternity leave and that will likely be enough, but you never know until baby is here and I wouldn't want to leave the workforce completely. My employer doesn't really embrace flexible schedules.

But as for right now, it would help me a lot to not have to be at work at 9 a.m. For the bulk of my career I have made my own hours so I generally got to work between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and this is the first time I've really *had* to be at work at the "regular" hour and there's no getting around it because I have a planning meeting EVERYDAY at 9 a.m. that I must attend. Sigh. In the past I used that extra hour to get stuff done, such as washing clothes, stopping at the cleaners etc. Having to BE at work at 9 a.m. is hard for me and it's a race everyday. Not sure why.

Anyway, all of this is just prattling and small talk. What's happening with you guys?

2 comments:

  1. When I'm home for a day or two, I love it. Longer and I start to get fidgety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know I'm home and I can honestly say I'm never bored. I love it. I have a "schedule" and I always have time to take long breaks, go for a drive, do some shopping, meet a friend for lunch, do an extra hour at the gym. I'm NEVER bored and hardly watch any television at all. I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy