"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, April 6, 2009

Guns and butter. Actually, just guns.

I have lived alone in many different places and never have I felt like I needed a firearm in order to sleep peacefully at night. Admittedly, I've never been mugged or attacked or had anyone break in to my home so that may be why I feel "safe" most of the time.

I have shot several types of guns before -- a Winchester, a Remington (I had to shoot the rifles/shotguns from the hip cause I couldn't position them correctly on my shoulder), a .357 Magnum, a .22 and some other handguns and weaponry (part of my neophyte reporter training). I'll admit there was some power in handling the weapons, but beyond that I've just never felt like I needed to OWN a gun for sport or to protect myself.

Do any of you own guns and do you feel you need them for protection? What do you think about the district's gun ban fight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy