"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, May 8, 2009

Another side of my sis-in-law

I never hesitate to tell you all the bad things about my sis-in-law, but today I thought I would share some of her better qualities to try and offset my rants. Don't get me wrong, she *is* crazy, but she can also be really sweet and if she would back up off of me, we might be able to have a better relationship than we do even if it's not quite the one she wants us to have.

Mr. SLS' mom died of cancer six months before I met him. His sister knows I wish I had been able to meet her and tries to do little things to make me know their mom.

For example, when we got married her gift to us was an unopened copy of a record album his mom recorded in the 80s. She's also given us all the newspaper clippings of his mom's reviews and posters and stuff with her promo shots.

When she cleaned out their mom's house, she found these really great artistic black and white photos of Mr. SLS and his mom took when he was about 3 years old and had them framed for us.

She has all her mom's jewelry and on birthdays and Christmas she gives me a new piece.

It's not all bad. It's not. We're just feeling out boundaries and what kind of relationship we're going to have with each other and that takes time. And I recognize that I am blessed as she's trying to be friends with me and make me a part of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy