"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Got my prize money yesterday!

I won a journalism award recently that had some money attached to it (the best kind!) but I had forgotten about the money part (I have no idea how I forgot this most important part of the award) so when I got two check stubs yesterday I thought, wait, is this severance (in these economic times, it's not outside the realm of possibility)?

But no! It was my prize money! What makes it really great is that we have to take several unpaid days this year and the amount of prize money (after taxes) covers that lost income with some leftover to help boost our savings. We are on track to meet our savings goal for the year a little early now.

I like money. ::rolls around in cash like Scrooge McDuck::

3 comments:

  1. Woot! Woot! Congrats on your cash (!) award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Congratulations! That money he's diving into looks like lemon drops. Sadly I'm more familiar with candy than I am with gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Woot! Congrats on your cash (!) award!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy