"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm in such a great mood today!

First, I went to see my primary care physician this morning to talk about all the various issues going on with me and he weighed in with his thoughts and recommendations.

I love having one doctor that is vested in me and my husband's care (Mr. SLS started going to him back when we first started dating and loves him, too).

This doc has taken care of us as a couple and individually, knows us by name and has a great bedside manner. He also has the sweetest dog that comes to work with him and let's me play with him and rub him (they asked me today if I wanted to take him home since we love each other so much), which is very calming when you're having a stressful day. It makes all of the health care drama less drama-filled, you know?

And some of the best news is I lost 10 pounds this month! I have been trying to slim down, with no goal in mind beyond trying to eat better, move more and generally be healthier. To see the scale reflect those efforts encourages me to step it up.

I hope all of you are having a great day, too.

4 comments:

  1. Ten pounds! Yaay! You've mentioned that you're short, so ten pounds is a lot in a month. Congratulations! Hopefully I will become inspired by this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite pleased by this recent turn of events!! Good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 pounds ! that's great. keep up the good work. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ten pounds! Yaay! You've mentioned that you're short, so ten pounds is a lot in a month. Congratulations! Hopefully I will become inspired by this too.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy