"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Road trip music

I don't drive home that often but when I do I tend to rock out the whole way. One of the songs that's on constant rotation is Green Day's "Holiday" because I *love* the drummer.



I also have to put on my boy T.I. because the horns at the beginning before the drum machine kicks in is hawt. Plus, I *do* like my beat down low and my top let back...



But then I'll switch it up and put on Lizz Wright's first album.



Anyhoo, that's how I get down South and back. What are your road trip regulars?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/19/2009

    There are so many...anything by Teena Marie's Greatest Hits, Rick Ross, Jay-Z's "American Gangster" album, the Rick James Anthology, Brandy's "Full Moon" album, Heart's Greatest Hits, the Isley Brothers Live...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a CD of local Houston rap that a deceased friend made for me. Jigga of course, some Biggie, George Micheal Greatest Hits, Phil Collins.

    And anon is so on point with that Rick James Anthology.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy