"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I hate taking meds

I'm the kind of person who will take a nap if I have a headache. If something hurts, I'll just suck it up. I *hate* taking meds.

Part of the reason is that I am paranoid that I'll develop a resistance and then I'll catch the heebeegeebees and they won't be able to save me.

No, I don't know what the heebeegeebees is. No, I don't know who this *they* is who are supposed to do all this saving of my life.

But moving on!

In the past year and a half of infertility treatments, I've taken more meds than I did in the previous 30-some years of my life.

Now, I have to take four pills a day for various and sundry issues and there's one additional pill I take when an issue pops up. I'm about to get a pill box like an old lady cause I can't remember half the time if I took this or that pill.

But the most important question is, do I feel better? No, not really. I don't feel worse either. Which is why I'm considering chunking the deuce on this pill poppin' ish.

1 comment:

  1. I probably grew up like you because my mother told me to drink orange juice and water and take a nap most of the time. She thinks and now so do I that all these pills actually create more problems down the road. I once read that people who take mulitvitamins never get all the nutrients because the shell doesn't get penetrated by your stomach juices so you end up pooping it out.

    I swear these docs make up stuff. I'm not saying they aren't right but it's like my doc told me High Blood pressure runs in my family. But my grandfather who passed away in his 90s told me just take a water pill and that will keep it down.

    Do what you feel as sometimes nothing is better than keeping your body on something to return you back to nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy