"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, June 1, 2009

Me and my barnacle-covered uterus

Well, my recent MRI revealed that I have many many more fibroids than were detected via sonogram. They are also spread all over and protude into my uterus so I am unable to do a less invasive procedure and have to get cut. I'll be out of work for six weeks recovering.

Both my reproductive endocrinologist and primary care doc recommended the surgeon who has the *best* bedside manner I have ever encountered. When he called to give me the results of my MRI, he asked how I was, if I felt OK, if I was having a good day etc., then told me the results, responded to my questions and told me to call him if I had other questions later. Just really nice and patient. And his voice is very soothing.

All in all, I'm not worried because I feel I am under the best care since all my docs (primary, RE, gynecological surgeon) are in touch and aligned in terms of my care, my health and our ultimate goal of trying to have a baby.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have the best set up for your situation. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you have those "barnacles" (LOL!) removed, you will have a child before you can blink! My friend & her hubby tried for years. Finally gave up & adopted; had surgery & now is the mother of the 6-year old they adopted, AND 3 year old boy AND 2 year old girl. Of course, we're 45 years old now, but God blessed them & he will bless you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany In Houston6/03/2009

    A set back is a set up for a come up..I'm claiming TWINS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have the best set up for your situation. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy