"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Reconnecting with "great things"

A couple of weeks ago I had a chance to catch up with my high school boyfriend. It was really cool! He was still the same nice fella I remembered from all those years ago.

I always find it odd when I bump into people who knew me way back when and they say "I knew you were going to do great things" or something along those lines. This has happened more times than I can count.

First, while I admit I have done some interesting things, I dunno that I've done "great things" and secondly, what about me all those years ago communicated "great things are in her future?" And most importantly, why did no one tell me to relax and stop stressing the heck out cause you're going to do "great things" in the future?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy