"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Aside from being nasty as hell, what is this about?

Dear Prudence,

My wife and I recently had a large gathering of friends over the weekend. On the second morning, I was talking to my friend when his wife walked in, sat on a chair, and joined the conversation. When they both left the room minutes later, I saw a red stain on the fabric of the chair. I quickly cleaned it up. About an hour later, my wife came up to me and said she had found blood drops all over the bathroom floor. Just as we were beginning to wonder what was going on, another guest came in and told us that my friend's wife had just gotten up from a chair outside and left quite a bloody spot. Unsure of what to say, no one would approach her. We survived the next 24 hours with a minimum of mess, and then they left. This woman is married to a dear friend, and I hope to have them visit again, but this behavior is not acceptable. My wife says it is impossible that she did not know what was going on. What should I do?

—A Bloody Mess


Read Prudence's response.

4 comments:

  1. I find it hard to figure out how she didn't know, but I also find it absolutely HORRIBLE that these people would let the woman go the whole day bleeding all over the place. I would never have let that happen. Let's just say she didn't know...I would have pulled the woman aside, preferrable somewhere private, tell her what was happening and help her get herself together.

    I would be mortified if that had happened to me and nobody said anything, but instead talked about me amongst my family, friends and the whole damn internet.

    I say SHAME ON THE WRITER for not saying anything. But that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany In Houston7/27/2009

    I'm riding with TD on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha7/30/2009

    I have to agree with TD. What's so hard about telling people their bleeding all over the place? I've told perfect strangers. I would be absolutely embarrassed if my "friends" let me go on this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany In Houston8/20/2011

    I'm riding with TD on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy