"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Clean as a whistle!

So I've just taken the last of 28 pills to help "cleanse and flatten" my colon so it won't be in the way during surgery tomorrow. I want to throw them up because they are huge and make my stomach hurt a bit, especially since all I could eat today was clear foods, and since there are no clear foods, I've had nothing to eat.

OK, I'm exaggerating, I could have jello and chicken broth, but I didn't want that so I ate nothing and am now full to the brim with water, in which 28 horse-sized pills are floating.

But, my bag is packed, my paperwork is all laid out and, I'm ready. Everyone at work hugged me today and that just reminded me of how many really wonderful and kind people I work with.

We joked about me twittering the whole experience and I might actually post some updates to them via BlackBerry for entertainment purposes as I wait to go under anesthesia.

Well, that's it for now. I feel a "cleansing and flattening" moment coming on so gotta go.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything tomorrow - I hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany In Houston7/30/2009

    Been praying for you..know it went well!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy