"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dating advice

At the beginning of the year I gave some dating advice to a couple of friends. These are good women -- good people -- who wanted to be in healthy, monogamous and respectful love relationships, but hadn't quite hit the mark yet.

Mostly what I said was, keep dating. Stay open, stay hopeful, stay true to yourself and stay honest.

Well now it's summertime and both these young ladies are in relationships. I'm not taking credit for that though. LOL!

I think they are now in relationships because they were honest and clear about what they wanted and didn't get discouraged or sidetracked with an in-the-meantime dude.

I pray that these ladies remain happy and that the relationships grow and develop into the marriages and families that they ultimately want for themselves. Cause I need some new babies to spoil rotten!!

Good luck!!!

4 comments:

  1. okay, I'm going to take your advice to heart because what I'm doing now is not working and I truly want to be in a "healthy, monogamous and respectful love relationship."

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lottie: I got you. I was thinking about this morning how I never finished with the hook up I planned. No worries. I'm checking the status of the person I have in mind and will follow up shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany In Houston7/22/2009

    I am not sure if you were referring to me or not but your advice to ME was helpful. I kept dating, dealing with dudes who didn't call back, were somewhat unavailable, or just plain busters.

    I cried, prayed, got frustrated, told God to take it, told my mama I wasnt getting married.

    Right when I told myself I was taking a break, I met someone. We are exclusive now. I'm prayerfully hoping he is the ONE. He certainly meets many of my wants and desires. Keep me in your thoughts as I venture forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, I'm going to take your advice to heart because what I'm doing now is not working and I truly want to be in a "healthy, monogamous and respectful love relationship."

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy