"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Paying respects

I spent a good part of today paying respects at the home of my friend and colleague who lost his two sons last week.

It's crazy anytime a parent has to bury a child, but to lose two children at the same time is almost incomprehensible to me. I cannot begin to imagine how they feel. I continue to wonder why this has happened to these wonderful people.

I'm humbled that at a time when I know they are hurting so deeply, they opened their home and let us all come by for a few hours and show them how much we care. I know there must have been more than 500 people in and out of that house today. They are loved. Their sons were loved.

I'll continue to keep them in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy