"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Music hustle

Whenever he can, Mr. SLS goes out to the Metro during rush hours to play. Sometimes he's alone, other times he's joined by some friends. He does it as a way to mix up practicing (much more interesting than playing scales in our living room with the cats staring at him from the piano bench and windowsill).

The money he makes doing it ebbs and flows depending on the Metro, the weather, the day, the crowd -- anything. Though I don't go with him, I get a cut off the top of all cash monies earned. LOL!

Anyway, this cartoon made me think about all of that so, you got a blog post!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so cool! I wonder if I've ever heard him.

    There's a trumpeter in International Square I'm quite attached to. My morning isn't complete without him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cool! I wonder if I've ever heard him.

    There's a trumpeter in International Square I'm quite attached to. My morning isn't complete without him. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy