"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Making better choices

Well, I haven't lost any more weight BUT I haven't gained any either. One thing I've really pushed myself on is making better choices. Now, that doesn't mean I never eat higher calorie, lower nutrient things ever, it means, I try to make the best choice as often as possible.

Here's an example: I was hungry and tired and on the way to the Home Depot for the 8000th time this weekend. I stopped at the 7-Eleven to get some sparkling water. There were rows and rows of junk I could have gotten in that store to eat. But, there was a little fresh fruit mix and I got that. It fought back the hunger, it was good for me and, hell, it *tasted* good.

Because I've been running to the house in the a.m. before work I haven't been able to eat breakfast at home. We have a cafe in the building that serves some of the greasiest heaviest food you can imagine. Even in the pre-do better days I didn't eat much up there, but now I pass by the muffins and get some fruit and/or greek yogurt.

The point to all this is, I have choices. I can choose to eat better, so that I can feel better, look better, live longer (hopefully) and enjoy life more OR I can eat junk, feel like crap, look like crap and -- you get the point.

Are you making better choices?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this pep talk! I tend to eat food that is representative of my opinion of my quality of life at whatever moment it happens to be and I often forget that it's a two way street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this pep talk! I tend to eat food that is representative of my opinion of my quality of life at whatever moment it happens to be and I often forget that it's a two way street.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy