"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Friday, September 11, 2009

A moment of silence for 9.11.2001

I thought about writing a post describing where I was at 8:46 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2001 (in the newsroom working the early shift).

Or a post about how my publication sent me to NYC to report in the days after the towers fell (I got overwhelmed and started sobbing on some random street in NYC and a crackhead asked me what kinda stuff I was on).

Or a post about how I fainted from heat exhaustion waiting in a long, long, long line at the Pentagon for press credentials.

But for real, the best thing we can all do today is pause for a minute to remember those lives lost and forever changed by the events eight years ago.

Let's also remember the soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy