"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Turning off the "Fire and Desire"

Thanks to being cut open, having my uterus taken out, cut into, yanked about, sewn up, replaced in my body and then having my abdomen sewn up, there's been no grown folks' time for me and Mr. SLS for six weeks, per the doc's orders.

Our anniversary is approaching and we were looking forward to, um, getting back to it.

I got a call Thursday from my nurse caseworker at the infertility clinic saying they need me to retake a test now that the fibroids have been removed. I say OK, sure, and she says we'll send the info and the prescription you'll need in the mail.

I just got the info and prescription. I've had the test before but it was two years ago and I didn't remember the details so I scanned the info as a refresher and this jumped out at me: patient must abstain for 10 days prior to the test.

I HAVE TO ABSTAIN FROM GROWN FOLKS' TIME FOR 10 DAYS BEFORE THE TEST. AFTER ABSTAINING FOR SIX WEEKS THANKS TO THE SURGERY.

*blink*

I'm feeling some kinda way about this for realz. ::fans myself to try to cool my hot azz down::

1 comment:

  1. Girl,
    At least you got somebody to abstain with !

    You're abstaining because you have to. I'm abstaining cause i ain't got nobody to be grown with.

    I feel for your husband after your 2 weeks is up.
    oooohweeeee. I probably won't hear from you for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy