"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Patience is a virtue...that I don't have

I have a hard time *not* showing my annoyance with people who cannot think for themselves and/or don't take initiative.

I am not a micromanager and I don't like (or need to be) micromanaged. We are all adults and know what we have to do and when it needs to be done. I expect you to do your shit and I will do mine. If I have a problem I will let someone know in enough time that we can still meet the deadline or change it if that's what's needed. I expect the people I work with to do the same.

That means, you need to have the confidence to be able to make decisions. (yes, I'm switching tenses and voices here just stay with me dammit)

If you interrupt what I'm doing to ask me if you should move the widget one smidge to the right, my kneejerk reaction is to talk to you as if you are stupid, because, YOU are working with the widget, right? Does it need to be moved a smidge to the right? Well, hell, move it then, damn!

Now, I know this is not the best way to "manage" and I am working on that, but I need some mofos around here to work on thinking for themselves as this is a two-way street. Use your brain. It's there, I've seen glimpses of it. Eat some cheese in the morning so it will kick into gear, then ride the rails with that mofo.

Then maybe at the end of the day we can sing kumbaya or something rather than me wanting to ninja kick yo' dumb ass in the head.

/rant

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/27/2009

    SLS...............u r my bff *in my head*. Thank you for that post!

    LisaB

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy