"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, November 12, 2009

You're working my nerves

I call them "sick and tired" days as in "I'm sick and tired of working."

You know what I'm talking about, right? Those days you spend just doing whatever you want to. A decompress day. And it needs to be a WORK DAY when most people are at work and therefore not in the museums or at the movies or in the spas or at the mall. Or calling you on the phone. Or in the damn way. Cause they are at work sitting in endless meetings.

Since I was out for 6 weeks, I haven't been taking my "sick and tired" days. I need one. NOW. They make me a more pleasant employee and coworker.

Do you need mental health days?

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany In Houston11/14/2009

    I need one right now but won't get it until I take some time off for Turkey Day. Working contract means I don't get paid if I dont work. I have been trying to leave a few hours earlier on Fridays to come home and just veg for a few hours though.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy