"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm staying RIGHT HERE BABY!

So the career opportunity that was great and not so great at the same time didn't happen. I don't feel badly about that either because I gotta say I was not feeling pulling up roots and moving to a new city and state at this stage of my life.

And, to tell the truth, I didn't want to do the job. It's more of the stuff I've been doing over the past few years and I'm trying to shift to some different content. At my current place of employment I've been working on doing more of the things I want to do and in recent months have found I'm being called on to do more of it.

BUT it was the kind of gig I could do for a year and then use its juice to bounce to something else I *wanted* to do. And for that reason alone, I was willing to seriously consider it.

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you have the opportunity to do a number of different things at your current place of employment will give you even more JUICE :)
    You're learning new things in a familiar environment. You may be working with people who are encouraging, who know your skillset and see your potential, that's a huge plus. Take advantage of this place at this time and you'll reap the benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you have the opportunity to do a number of different things at your current place of employment will give you even more JUICE :)
    You're learning new things in a familiar environment. You may be working with people who are encouraging, who know your skillset and see your potential, that's a huge plus. Take advantage of this place at this time and you'll reap the benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy