"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is my mama a freak?!

My mother and grandmother are very old school-ish in that they are all about "doing what you need to do to keep your man happy." In other words, stay on top of your game.

To that end, I was being devilish (I thought) and playfully mentioned my pending pole dancing/strip aerobics classes to my mom letting her know I was doing alls I could to make sure she keeps her beloved always-right-in-her-eyes son-in-law.

Her response? "Oh you're going to love that! I did it two years ago."

*blink*

Now, aside from that being too much damn information (and I truly believe she spoke before thinking about who she was talking to), what DA HELL is my MAMA doing taking sexy stripper dance classes?!! I can't. I'm done.

::takes aspirin, lays down with cool compress on forehead::

8 comments:

  1. "Momma gotta have a life, too!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/28/2010

    um, if you can do it, she can do it. don't know what your problem is on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/28/2010

    oh, and just like you, your mama has needs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous: I don't want to be thinking about my 60-year-old mama on the pole. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/28/2010

    then don't think about it. good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know what? I heard pole dancing is great exercise - for your legs, abs, etc.
    Maybe she was just trying something new and creative. Folks get tired of walking all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. had to do it... *cue the skrippa anthem of 2010*

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-oaud5qe84

    ReplyDelete
  8. had to do it... *cue the skrippa anthem of 2010*

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-oaud5qe84

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy