"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Fast, Pray, GIVE" from 30 Something

This year for Lent I decided to give up sweets. For me this is a sacrifice because I have a sweet tooth like no other.

In the five days I've been doing this, I realized how many fewer calories I've consumed by avoiding cookies, candy, ice cream, cake, donuts and so on. I didn't even realize how much of that stuff I was taking IN until I noted how hungry I was at the end of the day. So this sacrifice is both a lesson in willpower and a lesson in consumption for me.

I know better. And I had convinced myself that I wasn't eating that much of the bad stuff. But consciously avoiding it has proved otherwise. I hope at the end of this I am both healthier physically and spiritually.

I clicked over to my friend Lottie's blog, 30 Something, and she had a post about Lent that made me think and I have to pass it along: 30 Something: Fast, Pray, GIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy