"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don't Rain On My Parade! -- "Funny Girl"

Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter
Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade

Don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to
If someone takes a spill, it's me and not you
Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade



I gotta fly once, I gotta try once,
Only can die once, right, sir?
Ooh, life is juicy, juicy and you see,
I gotta have my bite, sir.

Get ready for me love, 'cause I'm a "comer"
I simply gotta march, my heart's a drummer
Don't bring around the cloud to rain on my parade!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! That song says it. Don't rain on my parade...or I'll put you outside.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great one. Can I steal it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy