"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Sunday, February 28, 2010

What I'm reading now: "It's All Love"

I don't generally recommend books and whatnot, but this collection of essays I started reading today is too good not to pass along.

Here's a line from "After She Left" by Will Bester: I have come to understand the difficult truth that even with the ever-dwindling numbers of available Black men, a woman who values herself will not settle for the cruel quiet of a man who is only partially present. I have been taught that eligible and available are not necessarily the same thing.

Grab this from your library or, even better, purchase it since some of the proceeds from the sale will go to the Zora Neale Hurston/Richard Wright Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy