"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Do you let your screen door hang open? and other random observations

I've noticed that people in the District don't like to close their outer doors. They just leave them swinging in the wind. I don't get it. Down South where I'm from that is considered ghetto and a sign of people who don't take pride in their property.

I've been away from my job for almost three weeks. This is dangerous. My employer may decide I'm not needed, or worse, I may decide I don't need my employer.

Why do people insist on turning left at an intersection where it says no left turn and holding up traffic, which is likely the reason the city has decided not to let people turn left at the intersection.

I don't get Lady Gaga.

I want a new car. And a new house. Mr. SLS says to be patient and collect my rent for a few more months. But I saw the house I want and it won't be around in a few more months. That said, I will sit my ass down on this one. This time.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh...having to be patient is a drag and a half. I hope another equally nice house will be waiting for you in another few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, people don't like to close their outer/screen doors. My pet peeve? My mailman thinks that large packages should be placed between our screen door and the inner/main door. Result? Our screen door blows in the wind. I'm surprised that it hasn't popped a spring yet. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, people don't like to close their outer/screen doors. My pet peeve? My mailman thinks that large packages should be placed between our screen door and the inner/main door. Result? Our screen door blows in the wind. I'm surprised that it hasn't popped a spring yet. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy