"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Monday, May 3, 2010

Rough Patch


Earlier today CreoleinDC asked posters on her blog when was the last they had gone through a rough patch.

I am going through the roughest patch of my life right now. On all fronts. Up until this past weekend, I kept it all to myself. I like to fix my own stuff. People bring their own perspectives and experiences to your situation and can lead you astray. And I don't want advice, I want an ear, I want to vent and get it out. Often people want to tell you what to do. I know what I'm going to do or I *will* know what I'm going to do as soon as I figure it out. Don't tell me what I should do.

Also, I don't like being asked a lot of questions and I don't like that when there isn't a problem, so pelting me with a lot of questions when there is a problem means I'm going to shut down.

But not talking to anyone about it meant I wasn't talking. To anyone. Friends called, calls went to voicemail. Text messages came, I read them, but rarely responded. Emails arrived in my inbox and sat there unopened.

Last week I lost 9 pounds. In one week. I'm fat and weight loss is good for a fat person, but, this is stress weightloss.

So I talked it out this weekend and woke up this morning exhausted but feeling better. After another conversation there seemed to be a breakthrough of sorts on the problem. Or at least a pause button.

Then at 2:15 p.m. I got a call with some fugged up news I didn't want to hear or receive. I would have left work and come home to burrow, but I had no choice but to get through the rest of the day at work because every.single.damn.body I work with called in sick today.

Tomorrow I will find out if the fugged news is gonna stay fugged up. The tides have got to turn. Got to.

There is a silver lining. I kicked ass on Wii boxing tonight.

So far 40 is not the business.

5 comments:

  1. Tiffany In Houston5/04/2010

    Just now seeing this, chica. Of course you know you and the Mr. are in my thoughts. I won't be trite, I'll just say this too will pass. Stay up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd like to meet for SERIOUS, HARD, GROWN UP DRINKS...holla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that for all the problems you have, someone's got it worse. That said, I'm sure things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a silver lining

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember that for all the problems you have, someone's got it worse. That said, I'm sure things will work out.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy