"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's A Family Affair


Well...let's see. I went down to Georgia and visited my dad and stepmom last weekend and had a great time. It was relaxing to be away from D.C. and to be out of the house and able to just take a break from the stress and whatnot.

I would never ever ever ever say this to my mom, but, sometimes I prefer being with my dad and stepmom to being with other family. My mom's family keeps a lot of mess going all the time with lots of drama, gossip and petty fights. It's dysfunctional. It starts with my Grandma, who likes to pit her children against each other.

My dad's family is more loving. Everybody gets together and laughs and it's easygoing. My Granny is very loving and accommodating and all of us are her "favorite." Except me, I am her VERY VERY VERY favorite. (smile) Way different vibe.

Then last night I told Mr. SLS something his sister-in-law told me and his sister told me and he said, "Damn, you didn't think you were marrying into all this dysfunction did you?" It was funny. You had to be there.

So, crazy is as crazy does and my people are out there, but that's family for ya!

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany In Houston6/02/2010

    Glad you had a good relaxing time. I did too.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy