"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Saturday, July 10, 2010

July Fourth weekend recap!

OK, I've been both lazy and busy so I'm just getting to this post about my holiday weekend.

Mr. SLS's military band tours for two weeks (sometimes they stay in the area, sometimes they travel to fun faraway places) every year starting the Fourth of July weekend and I usually volunteer to work so I can make a little money. Since the work holiday was on Monday this year I had the whole weekend free and I told a friend I hadn't hung out with in a long while to find something fun for us to do.

She wrote me back that we were going to join a friend couple of hers on their boat for the weekend. I'm all about the water, so I was in. We packed up beer, wine, liquor, water, snacks, her dog, bathing suits and left early Saturday morning to go down to Chesapeake Bay. The boat was gorgeous and had three sleeping quarters, a kitchen, two bathrooms -- all the creature comforts I needed.

We set out on the boat and found this cove where we tied our boat to another boat that belonged to some friends of theirs and we all relaxed with drinks.

I remembered that the guy who owned the boat we were on used to date my friend years and years ago and I asked her what happened with that and she said he was too wild for her and that he and his fiance were into sharing. I said, sharing what? And she said swinging. I said, oh. *blink* Then I realized that it was just the four of us on the boat so the chances of anything weird happening were slim to none, and I went off to read a book and have some quiet time.

Later I joined the boat owner and his fiance on the other boat and I noticed the conversation was...risque. I'm not a square but I don't like sitting around talking about chexual stuffs in groups. They were making comments that I guess were supposed to be funny and cute, but were just too much, IMO. I jumped in the water and stayed there for two hours.

We went back to the boat slip and my friend and our hosts started drinking and playing a truth or dare game. It seemed innocent enough so I watched and even joined in at first...except, it went left real quick. Suddenly one person was nekkid, one woman was sucking on another woman's tatas, someone was licking stuff off dude's belly and I'm sitting there with my body language registering my disapproval. I know this because they kept saying I was rated G and that they were keeping it lowkey!! because I was there....

The whole time this is going on, I'm texting about it to Mr. SLS who is mad that my friend took me on this trip with people who were obviously not my style. He was feeling some kinda way.

I guess I was busting up everybody's groove so the festivities ended and we all went to bed. Well, how about *I* went to bed and I think that THEY -- all three of them -- went into the master bedroom. I can't say for sure though.......

The thing that trips me out about this -- aside from just the general this ain't me-ness of it -- is my friend's earlier comment that seemed to disapprove of their lifestyle when she seemed willing to get close and personal with both of them.

Anyway, it was certainly different from other holiday weekends I've had, that's for sure.

P.S. I wish I had a boat! I loved being out on the water. Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. Speechless. Just...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're a good one... cause I would've radio'ed the coast guard to come get my tail. Homie don't play day! I'm with Mr. SLS, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/10/2010

    my goodness. i just knew when i started reading this it wasn't going to be what i would expect. at least you have a good story to tell -- or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/10/2010

    okay, so after thinking about this a little more, i have to wonder why two women are going on a weekend excursion with a couple. i'm not saying the couples can't have friends who aren't attached or who come along without a spouse, it just might your friend owe you an apology of sorts. i think she set you up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already know my thoughts..trust and believe your friend and them two have gotten it in before!

    Shit like that just does not happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with anonymous this was a set up. Your friends "disapproving comments" were just put out there to feel you out to see if you would be down. Those "rated G" comments were made to make you try to prove you are not a "square"! Let me get this straight, your friend hangs out/takes trips with a guy she used to date and his current fiance ? WTH? I am with Mr. SLS and would be pissed too. She is no friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8/20/2011

    okay, so after thinking about this a little more, i have to wonder why two women are going on a weekend excursion with a couple. i'm not saying the couples can't have friends who aren't attached or who come along without a spouse, it just might your friend owe you an apology of sorts. i think she set you up.

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy