"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Come to jesus meeting


When I was home for my Granny's funeral, my brother wasn't able to attend. The night before he was complaining about some health issues and when I got home I asked him if he was alright. He said, sure.

The next morning when I got up to get dressed and told him to get up, too, cause we needed to be at her house at 11 a.m. to meet the family, he was complaining about the same health issues and said he would drive his own car. My mom had gone out to do her daily exercises, so when she came back I told her something was wrong with him. Me and Mr. SLS went on over to Granny's house. Turns out my brother had to go go the ER and was admitted to the hospital while we were saying goodbye to Granny.

That night my parents and stepmom went to see him and they all had a "enough is enough, too much stinks like shit" meeting with him.

Basically they said he needed to get himself together because they could not and would not provide for him any more as they were getting old and needed to take care of themselves.

All this is shocking to me, frankly, because he's been able to play my parents against each other for years so to have both of them and my stepmom united and doing an intervention of sorts was serious business.

I don't know if it's made any difference with my brother, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy