"There are notes between notes, you know." -- Sarah Vaughan

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hmmmm....

Interesting new comment on my Stand up! -- Ludacris post from Monday.
Anonymous said...

The thing about this post is that the white guy gave up his seat to a black woman while a bunch of brothers stood by and let him. I mean, c'mon. Brothers should be wondering what this white guy sees in this black lady. I think one of them should have fallen off his chair to compete with the white guy. Do white guys see a woman, any woman, and feel compelled to be a gentlemen while a room full of black men do not? if so, that's sad and it speaks to why so many black women are considering their options.
Thoughts? Comments?

SLS note: Posting anonymously makes you unknown to other posters, but not to me, so please adhere to the posting rule, i.e. use your inside voice, or I'll put you outside.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. No man - black, white, other - is obligated to give up his seat to a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bad ... I didn't use my inside voice before and got booted, so I'll try this again ;)

    It's just a freakin' chair!! If a white man gives me his seat, that doesn't mean I'm going to want to walk down the aisle with him. (Frankly, I don't care if a man - white, black or other - gives up his seat to me or not.)
    Anonymous's post reminds me of all the stories out now about how we need to stop demonizing black man/black woman relationships. Sometimes a chair is just a chair, not some sort of sign that white man likes the black lady more and is going to steal her from the black man.

    I need a glass of wine now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bree: You ain't got no inside voice. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Use your inside voice ... or I'll put you outside. -- SingLikeSassy